The Beta Chi Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. was chartered in 1950 on the campus of Allen University. Brother Dr. B. J. Glover organized a group of esteemed community leaders and also served as the chapter's first President. The other charter members included Brother Dr. Herbert B. Bynoe, Brother Dr. Samuel Richard Higgins, Brother Dr. H.P. Pride, Brother Dr. J.W. Luck, Brother Isaiah Hennie, Brother T.J. Sullivan, Jr., Brother Dr. A.B. Johnson, Brother Daniel Thompson, Brother Huey Carlton, Brother Dennis Williams, Brother George Williams and Brother Ed Hall.